BROW Pre-appointment care
Learn how to take care of your brows post-appointment.
Get all your brow questions answered here.
Book your appointment today!
WAXING, TINTING, HENNA - BEFORE CARE
- If you are using ANY products with RETINOL you must notify your technician PRIOR to your waxing.
- The cleaner your skin is, the better your retention will be with all dyes! Although we cannot guarantee any product will adhere to your skin, it will greater your chances if come to your appointment fresh-faced.
- A light exfoliate in the brow area 2-3 days before can help prolong your tints.
- Reframe from applying makeup, creams or oil on the brow area day of your appointment.
- Avoid all trimming and grooming your brows prior to the appointment. Your technician will do that for you as it is included in your service.
- Please let your technician know if you have reacted to any dyes or creams used on your face previously.
SEMI-PERMENANT BROWS - BEFORE CARE
- No alcohol (24 hours).
- No Advil, Aspirin or Ibuprofen (24 hours).
- No caffeine or energy drinks (24 hours).
- Waxing should be avoided 7-10 days prior to the appointment.
- Spray Tanning should be avoided 7-10 days prior to the appointment.
- Laser hair removal should be performed no less than 2 weeks prior to an appointment.
- Eyebrow tinting should be avoided for 2 weeks before your appointment.
- No chemical peels, microdermabrasion, laser removal or intense treatments 2 weeks prior.
- If you plan on getting Botox it is recommended you wait the general healing time (2 weeks) before your appointment.
- Please keep in mind that Botox will change the shape of your brows. Botox does wear off therefore your symmetrical.
- brows may end up not so symmetrical.
SEMI-PERMENANT BROWS - DAY OF YOUR APPOINTMENT
- Everyone heals differently, so just in case don’t plan a social event the day of since.
- There can be sensitive areas on your skin that are left swollen or red.
- Yes, you can wear makeup. Keep in mind, there will be wiping around your forehead but your mascara and highlighter will be just fine.
- Showering before your appointment is recommended as you should avoid getting your new brows wet after the procedure.
- You can take a Tylenol before your appointment to help limit any discomfort.
- Do not take Aspirin, Advil, or Ibuprofen! Do not drink alcohol or caffeine within 24 hours prior to your appointment. Consuming any of the following blood thinners can cause excessive bleeding.
- Friendly reminder to eat before your appointment since it can take up to 3 hours.
Questions or Comments
Are you looking for a specific time or service?
Do you need recommendations?
Send us a message, and we will get back to you soon!
Tag us on Instagram @MERAKAIBEAUTYBAR
MONDAY - 9:30 am -6:00 pm
TUESDAY - 9:30 am -6:00 pm
WEDNESDAY - 9:30 am -6:00 pm
THURSDAY - 9:30 am -6:00 pm
FRIDAY - 9:30 am -6:00 pm
SATURDAY - BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
SUNDAY - BY APPOINTMENT ONLY