Brow post-appointment Care
Learn how to take care of your brows pre-appointment.
Get all your brow questions answered here.
Book your appointment today!
WAXING, TINTING, HENNA - AFTER CARE
- Avoid contact with water for the first 12 hours.
- Excessive sweating or oily skin will cause retention to fade much faster.
- Be mindful of sleeping on your face. Laying on your back is always suggested.
- No products in and around the brow area. ie creams, make up, oils
- Avoid excessive exposure to water as it will fade your dyes faster.
- DO NOT book a brow wax right after a sunless tan. Wait at least 24-48hours
SEMI-PERMENANT BROWS - AFTER CARE
Your technician will provide you with an after-care kit. This will include everything you will need to help heal you new brows.
- EVERY 15 minutes soak your gauze pads with water. Squeeze out excess water leaving your gauze damp. Very gently dab over your brows to remove any excess fluid.
- Repeat this step every 15 minutes CONSISTENTLY for the first 3 hours. Monitor after for any excess fluid.
- Repeat once more before bed. After this, DO NOT allow water on your brows.
- AVOID sun exposure, water or excessive sweating.
- NO soaps, moisturizes, makeup, creams, oils on the brow area.
- Apply after care AM & PM.
- DO NOT pick at your brows!
SEMI-PERMENANT BROWS - DAY OF YOUR APPOINTMENT
- Everyone heals differently, so just in case don’t plan a social event the day of since.
- there can be sensitive areas on your skin that are left swollen or red.
- Yes, you can wear makeup. Keep in mind I will be wiping around your forehead but your mascara and highlighter will be just fine.
- Showering before your appointment is recommended as you should avoid getting your new brows wet after the procedure.
- You can take a Tylenol before your appointment to help limit any discomfort.
- Do not take Aspirin, Advil, or Ibuprofen! Do not drink alcohol or caffeine within 24 hours prior to your appointment. Consuming any of the following blood thinners can cause excessive bleeding.
- I always recommend eating before your appointment since it can take up to 3 hours.
- Avoid direct shower water on the treated area after the procedure. Apply a thick layer of Vaseline ABOVE your brows to prevent soaps and shampoos from getting on the treated area. After your shower, make sure you gently wipe away the Vaseline.
- Swelling is normal. The area may appear uneven, dry, itchy, tender and red. Do not worry, this is 100% normal. Do not pick at your brows! The colour of your brows will appear very dark at first and will fade/soften 30-50%.
- The touch up will fine tune any area that faded too much. Fading will happen after each procedure. We do not have control over your body’s healing process. You may need to powder and/or pencil even after the healed results. If they fade more than you like, it is ok to pencil or powder until your scheduled touch up appointment.
Questions or Comments
Are you looking for a specific time or service?
Do you need recommendations?
Send us a message, and we will get back to you soon!
Tag us on Instagram @MERAKAIBEAUTYBAR