Body Waxing Pre-appointment Care
Learn how to take care of your body waxing pre-appointment.
Body Waxing FAQ's
Get all your body waxing questions answered here.
Book your appointment today!
BEFORE YOUR SESSION
- Let your hair grow! Ideally you should have 1⁄4 inch in hair growth – think of it like a grain of rice. Your technician needs growth in order for the wax to adhere correctly.
- If you are someone with fine hair, do your best to grow out several weeks beforehand.
- You can take an ibuprofen-based pill before your appointment to reduce pain and inflammation. Take an hour before your appointment for optimal results.
- Wear loose clothing to your appointment. If you are getting waxed down below we also suggest wearing loose undergarments.
- Exfoliate AT LEAST 24 hours before your appointment. Exfoliating will help lift trapped hair and remove dead skin. It will also reduce the likelihood of ingrown hairs for the appointment. You can use loofahs, washcloths or gentle salt scrubs in a circular motion around the area you want to wax. Make sure you don’t press too hard and irritate the skin. Always moisturize after exfoliating.
- Moisturize before your appointment. It’s important to hydrate your skin and keep it soft until your scheduled wax.
Questions or Comments
Are you looking for a specific time or service?
Do you need recommendations?
Send us a message, and we will get back to you soon!
Tag us on Instagram @MERAKAIBEAUTYBAR